Rules We Colive By
- You must not create noise that disturbs other guests; code-enforced quiet hours start at 10:00 PM.
- Smoking is not allowed on the property. Walk outside the gate if you have to take a pull.
- No extra guests allowed. People other than those in your confirmed party may not visit or stay overnight on the rental property without prior authorization.
- You must not exceed the occupancy limit associated with your reservation or a fee will be assessed per extra guest per day/night.
- Please keep the space nice and neat. It is shared.
- Please turn off all lights and appliances and lock all doors and windows on your way out.
- Pets are not allowed inside the space without prior authorization
- Bikes are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Applicable fines/towing fees or issues are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
- Any garbage must be placed in the proper garbage or recycling receptacle.
- Be sure you place all valuable in your room safe. We can’t be help liable for missing items.
- Open from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Always shower before entering the pool.
- It is not allowed to eat or drink inside the pool.
- Do not use glass bottles or any glass containers in the pool area.
- No one under the age of 21 allowed without adult supervision.
Bali does transportation a little differently. This stems from the village nature of the island. You wouldn’t notice this if you were just stopping through on holiday, but we do as residents.
Our local village transportation is called Trinity Transport. They are looking out for us, so we should do the same. Recently they have noticed a couple guest grabbing lifts with convenient companies who aren’t approved.
Try to order your car at least three hours in advance of when you will need it.
So, how do you know what’s okay?
If you would like a ride with four wheels, you need to source your driver through our front desk. If you are cool on two, Go Jek will work just fine. Go Jek is also super cheap.
What’s the deal with four wheels?
If a vehicle with four wheels is coming from outside Canggu to pick you up you are stealing potential income from the locals. At least that’s how the locals think about this.
Why is Go Jek okay?
Go Jek bikes don’t compete with local taxis (moped != car) and they are an Indonesian brand. While they are backed by Google, but still Indonesian.
What about Grab?
Grab is Asian, but it is not the preferred rideshare in Indonesian. That’s still Go Jek.
What about Uber?
Even Uber doesn’t want to operate in Asia. Uber recently gave up China for a 20% stake to Didi back in 2016. Now they have given up the rest of Asia for a 27.5% stake in Grab.
Each room has lock boxes for your valuables.
Follows these steps to secure those precious items:
- Open the door and turn the dial to the left
- Press the PIN reset button inside the hinge of the door until you hear a beep.
- Set a 4-digit PIN you can easily remember and prese * when done
- Now enter your secret PIN + * and turn the dial to the right to unlock the box
- Close the door and turn the dial to the left
Your box is now secure 🔒
To unlock the box in the future:
- Enter your PIN + *
- Turn the dial to the right and open the door
- Close the door and turn the dial to the left to secure the lock box again.
There have been some incidences of theft, violent assault (punching), and sexual assault (groping) in the immediate area - primarily targeted towards females walking or riding scooters solo.
This happens mostly at night, but guests should be vigilant at all times. The primary motive is theft (so don’t put bags on display).
Keep money and valuable jewelry tucked out of sight. Stay with buddies / groups wherever possible - particularly after dark.
There are many long stretches of road with no sidewalk between Outsite and the beach. Always best to walk towards oncoming traffic so you can see what’s up.
Under no circumstances should you buy drugs or do drugs while in Bali. Sentences are extremely harsh. Indonesia has the death penalty.
Your tummy may turn on the island. There’s no need to worry, it’s normal. Your body just needs time to adjust to the local bacteria. Turmeric jamu will do wonders.
Thankfully, Oma Jamu is just across the road and they have great juice options for you to choose from when are feeling so hot.
If your stomach aches turn to fever you will want to get antibiotics from the clinic just up the road.
In an effort to reduce the risk of getting this all too common scenario do not drink from the tap and frequent the restaurants that cater to the western crowds over the local warungs.
Yes, we need to talk about the potties. We are running off a septic system with Balinese plumbing like most other establishments in Indo.
Balinese have their hygiene in order. It’s just a bit different than the way you may be use to if you are coming from the western world.
When you lack good infrastructure, flushing paper products down the drain can cause real problems.
Instead of giving you step-by-step instructions on the process I’ll share this seriesr from Youtube.
All beds at Outsite are equipped with this life saving barrier between you and the Mozzies.
Close the curtains before you pass out for the night, okay? We don’t want you waking up bitten to death. Wake up with your flesh free of the itchy bites.
Contacting the House Manager
WhatsApp: +1 (901) 634 8275